Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Gymnast

Baby boy is hitting new milestones faster than I can blog about them! Slow down, Ezra! I'm counting on you to be my snuggly little potato for a little while longer! I'm sure he has no idea what he's saying, but he's started saying Mama. Last night he said it a lot. It was so cute. I also noted that Mama sounds a lot sweeter when it's not followed by "I don't like green beans!" or "I told you I only wear tights to school- no jeans!" Yes, a simple "Mama" with a smile and no attitude is nice. (Side note: Last night I heard Eliza tell Ezra, "Well, that's not gonna happen!" Wonder where she got that from?)

He's also started crawling, sort of. He's doing this backward army crawl move; it works best on tile floors. I'm not sure it's "officially" crawling, but I do know that I put him on the floor on one side of Eliza's room last night as I read stories and he managed to get to the other side of the room. Ah, he's mobile.

Yesterday morning I put Ezra in his car seat as I helped Eliza brush her teeth. I didn't strap him in. Maybe one minute later I look up and he's grabbed the "roll bar" part of the carseat with one arm and moved his legs forward so that the seat is tipping forward. He looked like a proud little gymnast. Thank goodness I saw him before he threw himself out of his seat. I think he might be a wild one. We better hang on for the ride!

No comments: