Monday, July 21, 2014

Work Hard, Play Harder

Since this was S's birthday weekend, we decided to live it up a bit! Friday night we went to a Frozen Ice Skating party at the place where Eliza is going to camp soon. It was crazy crowded but the kids had a blast.  They both improved a lot after just a couple of hours on the ice! Eliza entered the costume competition and won a prize.  When it was her turn to be "announced" she skated out by herself, gave a big wave beauty queen style and smiled for the audience. 

Saturday the kids had a playdate with Phin while we went to Odd Duck with Tara and Troy.  It was probably the best food I've ever eaten.  Afterward we went to Crown & Anchor, a favorite hangout from our twenties. 

Sunday we met Grammy and Papa for a birthday lunch and then the four of us went to Hawaiian Falls.  I was excited that Eliza was tall enough to do so many of the big slides! We took turns doing them with her and it was a blast.  I felt a little bad Ez wasn't tall enough for the slides, but he didn't seem to mind at all.  He loved the wave pool so much.  I wish I had a picture of how cute he was; every time a wave came he laughed and laughed.  He also loved the lazy river and really enjoyed watching Eliza do some slides. 

After such a busy weekend, I fell asleep at 9pm!  I guess the birthday boy stayed up later because when I woke up this morning, he had cleaned the kitchen and put away the laundry.  Pretty impressive from a guy who leaves for work at 6:30am lately. 


No comments: