Thursday, March 6, 2014

Bowling with your wife

Our household really likes this catchy tune from Broken Bells, Holding on for Life.  The kids have misinterpreted the lyrics though and their version is much more upbeat.  Instead of holding on for life, Ezra and Eliza think the song goes, "Only dynamite! Bowling with your wife!" Reminds me of when that Pumped Up Kicks song was popular and Eliza thankfully thought the words were "Better run, better run, Albino Bowler" instead of the real lyrics, "Better run, better run, outrun my bullets."  I'm not sure why my kids think so many popular songs involve bowling. :) Also reminds me of when I was that age and a song about a cheating husband called "Your Nobody Called Today" was popular and I thought the words were "Chicken and dumplings when I asked her name" instead of "She hung up when I asked her name." And now I understand why my parents never corrected me!

No comments: