Thursday, March 6, 2014

Train


A couple of weeks ago S finally took the kids on a train ride he's had his eye on probably since Eliza was born.  S has a thing about trains.  Maybe from living in Europe where mass transit is much more efficient; maybe just because he's a dude who likes trains.  He's always looking into where we could take a train.  He's the one who convinced me to take the train from NYC to New Haven and the one who convinced me to take the overnight train alone from Paris to Barcelona (something I'm pretty sure my parents are happy they only learned of after the fact.) For years he's been trying to convince me to take a train to see my brother and family 3 hours away.  Keep in mind the train ride takes 6 hours but he still thinks it would be a great adventure.  We've taken the kids on the metro train several times just for fun.  So, he finally booked a (sort of expensive) trip out to see the grandparents.  I drove the 3 of them to the suburbs to catch the train and then he spent 1.5 hours (each way) going to see his parents for a couple of hours.  Granted by car this same trip would have taken 30 minutes. :)  But, look how happy they are. And they made a fun memory.  It's nice when parenthood turns out like you pictured...


No comments: