Friday, July 5, 2013

4th



We had a fabulous little 4th of July.  The kids and I met Isaac and Sam and family at a neighborhood park for a little bike parade.  Ezra could not have been more excited about the firetruck.  We had icecream, got balloon animals and played on the playground.  Then the three of us had a quick lunch and met Papa and Grammy at this awesome pool near their house.  It was full of slides and water playscapes and we can't wait to go back! Papa and I both braved the big waterslide and the high dive, which the kids thought was hilarious.  I'll admit my stomach dropped a bit when I saw how high up I was, but seeing the kids watching intently from below, I knew I couldn't back out! :) Ezra fell asleep as soon as we got in the car and then Uncle Jason came into town and we got to meet his friend Claire.  She brought cookies, so she was instantly a hit.  We all went to Paco's for dinner and met back up with Isaac et. al at our favorite fireworks viewing spot with a picnic.  Of course waiting for it to get dark is always a challenge for the kiddos.  Poor Sam passed out right before the fireworks finally started.  Ezra had no problem staying up and was full of ooohs and whoas! Both kids were (for once!) sleeping in when I left for work this morning.  They're both very excited about having a special day just with Daddy today. 

No comments: