Thursday, September 13, 2012

Powers of Persuasion

This morning as I left the school parking lot, one of Eliza's friend's moms asked for the name of our Mandarin tutor.  Allie came home with a couple of "Mandarin" words that Eliza had "taught" her.  Obviously Eliza doesn't really know any Mandarin, other than how to say hello.  She's pretty convincing though. 

Last weekend at the farmer's market, she saw a baby pig and was adamant that no one eat it.  She's recently sworn off pork, after figuring out what it's made of.  The funny thing is after years of loving ham, she's now taken it upon herself to convince her friend Caroline to stop eating pork.  I'm sure Caroline's mom is thrilled. :)

These instances reminded me of the time Eliza got to go to free yoga classes at school for 2 or 3 sessions, until the director called and asked me to pay for the course.  I explained I had never enrolled Eliza in the yoga class and had told Eliza as much, but she was able to convice the yoga instructor as well as her teacher and director that I had registered; I just hadn't remembered to pay for it yet! 

Is politics in her future? :)

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Ha ha She cracks me up. She should definitely be on a debate team somewhere.