Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Big Kids

Tonight at bedtime Eliza was singing "Who Let the Dogs Out?" and reciting most of Eanie Meanie Minie Moe to make a decision between two items.  That's big kid stuff, not preschooler stuff.  She floors me.  We went to a playdate over at one of my oldest friend's houses today and afterward Eliza says, "Want to know a secret, Mom? Natalie has a secret hideout!  It's a closet under her staircase!  I got to go in it!  Don't tell her mom, okay?!" 


I co-oped in Ezra's classroom today.  While out on the playground he headed over to the playscape.  I've never seen anyone in his class on the playscape before (he's been walking much longer than they have, although they're the same age, genius, I know ;)) so I asked if it was okay.  His teacher said they had to wait until they were 18 months old, but it was okay since I was there to supervise him.  He marched right up to the curved ladder and easily scaled it while I spotted him.  He didn't need me at all.  He was so excited to discover a steering wheel at the top and very proud of himself.  It's so much fun to watch them grow, but I wouldn't mind if they slowed down a bit, ya know?  Ezra had his 15 month well check today and he's in the 65th % for both height and weight.  He handled his shots like a champ and Eliza came along because his pedi always gives her a token for the toy machine. 

No comments: