Monday, November 15, 2010

Anticipation

Eliza has been asking for months if she's 3 years old yet. Saturday, we had family in town and had a little family party for her. Her actual birthday isn't until Wednesday, and she's having a party at school that day. So she wakes up Saturday morning all excited about her party and asks me if she's 3 yet. I decided the whole "we're celebrating on the weekend" thing would be too confusing for her, so I just said, yes, you're three now because your party is today. She immediately ran to the full length mirror in the hall and then started crying. I couldn't figure out why she was crying when she was so excited about her party and her cupcakes. She said, "Mom, I'm really 3? Then why am I still little?!" I told her she was a big girl now and she cried that she wasn't as big as me yet. We tried to convince her she was at least medium-sized now, but she was still disappointed. Luckily she was soon distracted by cupcakes and party prep. She also is already saying, "when I'm 5, I'll go to kindergarten," so I guess enjoying the moment and being three isn't exactly her forte. :)

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

OMG! Happy Three Years to all of you!

Janet and Marshall said...

I so wish we could know what made her think turning 3 would make her as big as you? So funny!