Thursday, March 19, 2009

Perfect day

Yesterday Eliza and I had so much fun that I just want to blog about it now so I'll remember it. First we went to storytime at BookPeople, then the playground at Whole Foods. Then we stopped by PetSmart and saw the cutest puppy ever. She loves the fish and the birds there too. (She just started flapping her "wings" when she sees a bird; I have no idea where she learned it but it's adorable.) After naptime we went to the Triangle and played in the fountain while listening to live music. She's much more cautious this year with the water and doesn't get soaked and let it hit her in the face like she used to. She loves watching the big kids there. On the way to the Triangle she and I did a little shopping at Target and got her some new crocs to wear this summer. (This girl LOVES shoes!) When we got home I let her skip a bath (the fountain cleaned her off, right?) and we read lots of bedtimes stories. Then we took turns giving each other belly kisses (S took a break from work to join in on the tickle fun) and I sang her to sleep with the song my Papa used to sing to me when I was little (Carolina Sunshine Girl by Jimmie Rodgers). Ah, I'm a lucky girl. ~T

No comments: