Thursday, January 17, 2013

ASL ABCs and allergies

Ezra has started "signing" his ABCs when he hears someone sing the ABC song.  His teacher, Sarah, signs along as she sings at school.  She did the same thing when Eliza was in her class 3 years ago.  The funniest part is that he doesn't really know the signs at all, but he is so proud as he's doing it, with complete confidence that he's 100% accurate.  His proud grin is absolutely adorable!

Eliza woke up this morning with bloodshot eyes.  She immediately said she had pink eye- a friend had it a couple of months ago and I guess it sounds pretty cool when your favorite color is pink.  I couldn't tell if it was allergies or the real thing, so I decided to take her to the pedi first thing.  Mind you I had a client at 10am and the earliest appointment was 8:45, so I knew it would be a tight fit.  Good news is the pedi said it was just allergies and everyone got to go to school (first week of class is not a good time to cancel a whole day full of clients).  I drop off the kids and snacks for 60 kids (of course it would also be my turn for snack duty) and hustle to work, just in time to sneak in the back door and wipe the sweat off my face before seeing my 10:00.  Within 30 minutes school is calling because Eliza has told all the parents, teachers and students that she DOES have pink eye and of course they are not happy to hear it.  Fortunately the director and I have a very good relationship and she took me at my word that I would not knowingly take a super contagious kid to school.   I'm sure our little drama queen adored the attention though. :)

1 comment:

Julia said...

Lol! Oh Eliza, I love that little girl!
I can't wait to see Ez sign the alphabet! :)
Love y'all. See you in a few weeks. Yay!