Thursday, November 8, 2012

Election Night

This is one of those stories that will probably be funny later.  So, Election Night we're watching the results roll in state by state as the kids sleep.  Waiting anxiously for them to call Florida and Ohio.  Then, we hear Ezra making a weird noise.  Yup, he was throwing up again.  So, S grabs him, takes him in the shower and cleans him up.  Poor baby fell back asleep in the shower.  I wrap him in a towel and get him ready for bed again, while he sleeps through the whole thing.  S starts to wearily clean up the kitchen as we realize we probably have a long night ahead.  The tv is on the whole time.  At one point I pop into the living room to grab something and see Obama's picture on the screen- Projected Winner.  "Honey, come here!"  We had a nice few moments of celebration.  Then Eliza woke up with a high fever.  Turns out she has strep.  We got her some Tylenol, warmed her up and as she's drifting off she says, "Mama, do we know if Obama is the winner yet?"  So cute.  And a very nice silver lining this week.  By the way, turns out if a toddler vomits on your head on Monday, you will most definitely have the stomach bug by Wednesday night.  Sigh.  Good news is I took one of Ezra's anti nausea pills today so I could go to work (since today is application deadline day- a day I could not miss!!) and I haven't barfed on a single student yet and it's almost quitting time.  Unfortunately school did call about 1pm today and Eliza's fever is back and 103.3.  I snuck her into my office temporarily until S good get here to pick her up.  Did I mention I hate cold and flu season??? Reminding myself that by the time they get to elementary school they should have rock solid immune systems.  Poor sweet little babies. 

No comments: