Friday, March 2, 2012

Quirks

Ezra is developing his own little personality. He thinks it's hilarious when I cough. (He's in luck this time of year! :)) He laughs and then he mimics me and does his own fake cough. Then he coughs for real, poor baby. But, get this, almost every single time he coughs, he sneezes at the very end. Random. When he wakes up in the morning he does this weird moan and grown thing that sounds like an old man. Then he farts. Then he's ready to get up and start his day. I miss his baby stretches. I don't know when exactly they disappeared, but he used to stretch after every single nap, even if it was only a 5 minute nap. I hope I have a video of that somewhere.

My voice has been on the fritz this week. For a whole day I could only whisper to the kids and that drove me crazy. Thursday morning I woke up and could still only whisper. Eliza colored all over her face with blue marker, 5 minutes before we were supposed to leave for school. She was very proud to show me. I whispered that she could either scrub it off her face herself or go to school like that, but one way or another we were leaving in 5 minutes and I wasn't going to help her. She cleaned it off herself (thank goodness it was a washable marker). I think she was testing me to see if I really couldn't talk. My coworker joked that I lost my voice from screaming at my kids too much. Obviously I don't scream at them enough! :)

No comments: