Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nice moments

Last night Eliza started swim lessons. She was terribly excited and stopping on the way to buy her some goggles made her even more so. The instructor seemed sort of lame to us, but E didn't notice at all. Every time it was her turn to try a new skill she looked up at us and gave us a big smile or a thumbs up. It was so cute. She was all giggles. After the lesson I got in the pool with her so she could practice a bit with me. I forgot how great it feels to be in the water when you're super pregnant! This morning I went in to wake Eliza up and snuggle. She happened to have her hand on my belly when her brother started moving around a lot. She wasn't expecting it and the look on her face was priceless. He really does get more active when he hears her voice. He's usually pretty mellow when I'm at work (unless I'm eating), but as soon as I pick her up he gets very wiggly. I really think he's going to recognize her voice when he's born. I've got about 8 weeks left, and he's already in the correct position for labor. My midwife says he'll probably stay in that position, as he doesn't have much space to fully rotate at this point. My favorite part is feeling his little hands at the bottom of my belly. The other day I could even feel his hand waving around at the same time E had her hand on the other side of my belly. It was an eery feeling, but very cool. It's very easy to see him move around now, even with my shirt on, but he moves his hands so lightly that only I can feel them and there's something pretty cool about that. Soon enough I'll have to share him with everyone else. :)

1 comment:

Julia said...

ahh...I loved this post! Those are nice moments! I can't wait to meet Beanie! Eliza will be such a great big sis! They have a bond already!