Monday, February 7, 2011

The Beginning of Beanie

It's been a while since this happened, but I'll forget it if I don't write it down...

Keep in mind that we found out I was pregnant with Eliza while staying in a very romantic hotel in Istanbul.... Our second kid is already getting the short end of the stick. It's not the most romantic story, but it's ours!

September 23, 2010

S was working late and I was tired and didn't feel like cooking, so E and I stopped at Mandola's for dinner on the way home. Halfway through our meal, someone opened the door to the bathroom, across the restaurant. All of a sudden I could smell cleaner from across the room... and I knew. I had the same bionic nose when I was pregnant with Eliza.

We went home and soon S came home too. I kept debating within myself whether or not I should take a pregnancy test. I knew I could only be 3 weeks pregnant, and surely a pregnancy test couldn't be reliable this early. I decided not to get S excited over probably nothing and slipped off to the bathroom to take a test. About 5 seconds after I peed on the stick, Eliza busted into the bathroom. "I need to poop, Mom!" "Sweetie, use the other bathroom. I'm, um, busy in here." "No Mom, I need to go NOW and I need help with my pants!" So, I hopped up, got distracted by getting her situated on the toilet and then remembered the test a minute later and glanced at it. Two lines! "Uh, honey?! Come in here, please!" S came into the bathroom, having no idea what was waiting for him (probably expecting a potty training emergency of some sort). I pointed to the test and grinned. Eliza couldn't figure out why we were so happy all of a sudden. And that was the beginning of Beanie. Later that night we went to watch Kat Edmonson at Shady Grove and the four of us sat on a blanket and looked at the stars.

1 comment:

Julia said...

That's an AWESOME story!! :) How cool! I'm so glad you shared it with us! The blanket and stars part is pretty romantic! ;)
I can't wait for Beanie to arrive! I still can't believe it's a boy!