Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year

Celebrating New Year's Day in jammies in the backyard.


First day of new semester at school.

So today our little family is back to the grind. S has been at work for most of the past 2 weeks, but Eliza and I have been on a staycation. We had a great break, and best of all, my morning sickness stopped just in time for Christmas so we really got to enjoy ourselves! I couldn't have asked for a better gift. Speaking of gifts, Eliza is so spoiled! She got such amazing, thoughtful gifts this year and our family put so much time into making her holiday special. We are very lucky. With our down time, E and I played with friends, including a few bouncy castle trips, a movie (with a lot of popcorn and a "scary horse" as she describes it), a trip to Gattiland and more. Today Eliza very proudly went back to school wearing her new light up boots (thanks Aunt Jules!). She said she missed her friends and was excited to see them. In fact, all the girls ran up to her this morning to hug her; it was pretty adorable. Out of the past two weeks, we really only had one major tantrum and that was thanks to skipping nap. What was she so angry about? She was mad that Beanie wouldn't tell her if s/he was a boy or a girl. She really was furious, but I had a hard time not laughing. Those fetuses are so stubborn sometimes. :) As Eliza will tell you, we'll find out for real on January 19th. I think until then, Eliza will keep asking my belly for the answer.

1 comment:

Julia said...

LOVE this post! Might be my favorite ever! :) Not just because I got a shout out (thanks!), but because y'all seem so happy and no more sickness, and what a great staycation! Y'all are such awesome parents, and Eliza is going to have a million amazing childhood memories! I feel lucky to be her aunt, and your sister! :)