Thursday, July 15, 2010

Is it Christmas time already?

Eliza has become obsessed with Special K Red Berries. She used to call it her "strawberry cereal" but lately she's started referring to it as "Christmas trees." I really don't understand how the brown flakes look like Christmas trees to her, but apparently they do. She also eats this all natural sliced turkey almost every day, but she thinks she doesn't like turkey. She calls it ham instead. So yesterday I found myself at the store saying, "So we need more ham and Christmas trees?" It's like we've got our own bizarre little language around here.

On another note, out of the blue this morning during our commute, Eliza says, "Mom, where did I come from? When I was born?" She definitely keeps things interesting, to say the least.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Madeline had the exact same issue with turkey / ham. I would have to distract her whenever we went to a sandwich place or even grocery shopping. I had so many occasions where I would whisper to the person at the counter, or else order ham b/c she was listening and then quietly change the order when she wasn't paying attention. :)

Julia said...

Lol! What did you tell her about her birth? haha, she's so smart!
Madeline also called turkey "ham" for the longest. Also, I was really confused once when I gave her some chicken fajita meat and she said "I want some meat on my plate." I was like you do have meat Madeline, chicken is meat, and then I realized she calls beef meat. She wanted beef fajita too. Kids are so cute. It's almost sad when they start saying things the "correct" way.

Anonymous said...

I got sad last week when E started pronouncing "beautiful" correctly. For months she's been saying "beaufy." I tried to keep my answer simple for her. I told her she was born in Austin and came from my tummy. :)