Saturday, January 31, 2009

I got my mind set on you.


Eliza was up from 2-3:30 am last night. She normally wakes up 3 times a night to eat and I'm trying to night wean her. And yes, after 14 months of not sleeping more than 4 hours in a row, it's amazing I'm even able to form complete sentences. Anyway, I was trying to get her to sleep without nursing her so I started singing. It's amazing what songs come to mind in the middle of the night- a Dixie Chicks lullaby, several Christmas songs, and finally, George Harrison's "I Got My Mind Set On You." This is funny because I used to listen to this song over and over and over in 5th grade. My poor Mom can attest to this. Well, that was the song that finally got Eliza to sleep. Of course now I've got a whole new bad habit to break her of- middle of the night serenades. Wish me luck.
~T

2 comments:

Kate G. said...

Good luck with the night weaning. May it be smooth and easy. Sleep will be good again. I think :)

Julia said...

Good Luck! You can do it.

I love the Dixie Chicks Lullaby.

I had to look up Got My Mind Set On you...but once I did, I recognized it right away! :)