Monday, August 2, 2010

Dress up




So it's been a while since our last post... we haven't been doing much, other than swimming, going out for icecream and playing dress up. Also the ever popular "I your mom" game. (She loves to pretend to be the mom and make us pretend to be her babies.) She's getting pretty into dressing up and gets girlier by the day. For the past three days I've been asked to paint her face to look like a cat. She also tried on my grad school hood and my wedding dress at one point. On another note, I think the days of me picking her birthday party themes are over. Her birthday is still 3 months away and she's already told me she wants to be a princess and have a pink cake. Not exactly what I had in mind, but I guess it's her day. Or it will be. In three months. Not that that prevents her from saying "my birthday's coming up" every day. :)

2 comments:

Liz said...

Some days I read your post and am convinced that Eliza and Madeline are identical children! We play "Mom and Dad" (the same as your "I your mom" game. We dresss up all the time. And she starts planning her birthday parties 364 days in advance. We need to get these girls together more often. :)
If you want to play up non-disney princess, but still indulge her girly side, I really like the Pinkalicious books, and Fancy Nancy is also great. I think Fancy Nancy might be my favourite of those two b/c she still does things like camping and explore, and there are more books. But I somehow convinced Madeline to do Pinkalicious for Halloween instead of every single Disney princess that she in her list of Halloween costumes. (on that note, she will probably take over picking out Halloween costumes too).

Julia said...

Love it, love it, love it! Does she like the flamenco dress, or is it too itchy? I hope she does. :)