Thursday, August 6, 2009

The performer




Eliza has always loved to dance but now she loves to sing too! We listen to a lot of music around the house, and I showed her how to sing into a "microphone", really just a hair brush. I've also tried showing her the air guitar. :) Luckily no home videos of this exist. Last night we were at a restaurant with live music. Before the band even started, Eliza ran up to the microphone and knew exactly what to do! I was surprised since she's never seen a real microphone before. The musician got a kick out of it and even turned the microphone on for her. She belted out a note, very pleased with herself. Her grandpa plays several instruments and has a whole bag full; Eliza loves to try out the harmonica, piano, etc. I think when she's in elementary school we'll send her to "music camp" for a couple of weeks in the summer, a week at Grandma and Grandpas to learn the violin, and a week at Grammy and Papa's to learn the piano. :) She can also do the movements to the chicken dance and LOVES to play Ring Around the Rosie. Be warned that if you come over, she'll expect you to sing and dance too! Not participating isn't an option. She'll motion you and say "mon" (c'mon) over and over until to succomb to making a full of yourself!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

She is SO precious!

If y'all EVER want to hang out and jam, give us a call! We're a bunch of singing fools over here, and Ethan has been requesting "All fall down!" ever since Eliza taught it to him last time we were over. :o)

Julia said...

Haha, I LOVE IT! I hope my kids are the same way! :) I was a performer too, so I can appreciate it. I can't wait to see y'all again!